Saturday 26 February 2011

Crystal Arts And Health Blog

Topics that will be covered are Crystal Healing, Herbalism, Yoga, Music, Poetry, The Arts and activities of Crystal Arts And Health http://www.crystalartsandhealth.org.uk/

For those with a Kindle this blog can be located at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002FQJHC4

New Online training courses in Crystal Healing and Herbalism are available at http://crystalartsandhealth.coggno.com/shop (Accredited by World Metaphysical Association)

My book Crystal Healing & The Chakra System covers the Chakra system, Crystal identification and uses, making crystal essences and meditation with crystals. Is available as an ebook from http://store.payloadz.com/go/?id=239922 or as a paperback.

My book, Herbal Primer, newly released, covers herbal action classification, herbal identification, herbal preparation and recipes, including herbal teas, incense and potpourri. Is available as an ebook from http://store.payloadz.com/go/?id=796359 or soon as a paperback.

I am an Herbalist and Crystal Healing Practitioner and have a line of products Crystal Essence TM that combine, aromatherapy, herbal products and crystal essences for "Holistic Wellbeing for Auric and Physical Body"

See http://www.crystalartsandhealth.org.uk/ for the new Spring/Summer Catalogue and for the new products in the e-shop. We have started making shaving soaps, solid shampoo soaps, and baby products, colognes, perfumes and make-ups. There are also lots of new fun shapes for soaps, perfect for gift bags and wedding and event favours.

Crystal Healing


New squidoo lens about crystal healing and the chakra system http://www.squidoo.com/crystalartsandhealth
Using Crystals and Yoga Meditation to Detox Stress http://chakrayoga.suite101.com/article.cfm/using-crystals-and-yoga-meditation-to-heal-and-detox-stress







Lunar Crystals

The moon represents emotion and powerful instincts, patterns, ancestral and karmic inheritances. For all moon signs it is recommended to meditate with a bloodstone at the full moon to uncover hidden unfulfilled desires that are controlling your life.

It is possible to reprogram patterns of behavior and facilitate healthy sources of nurturing.

Ametrine – Emotional: Cheerful composure, joie de vivre, wellbeing. Helps creativity, dynamism in challenging situations. Physical – balances body tensions, nervous system, body metabolism.

Healing Crystals, Michael Gienger

Herbalism


















 





"These are the things I know: You always throw spilled salt over your left shoulder, plant rosemary at your gate, keep lavender for luck and fall in love whenever possible." ~Alice Hoffman, Practical Magic http://www.alicehoffman.com/hoffman-bio.htm

Comfrey Root (Symphytum officinale) Vulnerary, demulcent, astringent, expectorant. Used for gastric, duodenal ulcers, hiatus hernia, ulcerative colitis. Caution: Do not use in deep wounds as it causes it to close too quickly before healed. Used for Bronchitis, irritable cough. Used as a poultice in wounds and fractures. Dosage: 1-3 tsp. of dried herb in a cup of water, bring to boil, let simmer 10-15 minutes. Drink 3 times a day.

Herbal Primer, Cara E. Moore

Yoga

http://hatha-yoga.suite101.com/article.cfm/yoga-practice-routine-for-office-workers

The two forces of mind and prana maintain the rhythm of life and consciousness. Everything in the universe is evolving. Matter in its ultimate form is energy. The goal of yoga is to turn the body into solid energy. – Hatha Yoga Pradipika

Namaste means "the divinity within me salutes the divinity within you."

Benefits:
  • Stretches the chest and lungs, shoulders and neck, belly, groins (psoas)
  • Strengthens the shoulders and arms, and the muscles of the back
  • Strengthens and stretches the thighs, calves, and ankles
Contraindications and Cautions:
  • High blood pressure
  • Heart problems
  • Students with shoulder problems should keep their raised arms parallel (or slightly wider than parallel) to each other.
  • Students with neck problems should keep their head in a neutral position and not look up at the hands.


Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana)

  1. Stand in Tadasana (Mountain Pose). With an exhale, step or lightly jump your feet 31/2 to 4 feet apart. Raise your arms perpendicular to the floor (and parallel to each other), and reach actively through the little-finger sides of the hands toward the ceiling. Firm your scapulas against your back and draw them down toward the coccyx.
  2. Turn your left foot in 45 to 60 degrees to the right and your right foot out 90 degrees to the right. Align the right heel with the left heel. Exhale and rotate your torso to the right, squaring the front of your pelvis as much as possible with the front edge of your mat. As the left hip point turns forward, press the head of the left femur back to ground the heel. Lengthen your coccyx toward the floor, and arch your upper torso back slightly.
  3. With your left heel firmly anchored to the floor, exhale and bend your right knee over the right ankle so the shin is perpendicular to the floor. More flexible students should align their right thigh parallel to the floor.
  4. Reach strongly through your arms, lifting the ribcage away from the pelvis. As you ground down through the back foot, feel a lift that runs up the back leg, across the belly and chest, and up into the arms. If possible, bring the palms together. Spread the palms against each other and reach a little higher through the pinky-sides of the hands. Keep your head in a neutral position, gazing forward, or tilt it back and look up at your thumbs.
  5. Stay for 30 seconds to a minute. To come up, inhale, press the back heel firmly into the floor and reach up through the arms, straightening the right knee. Turn the feet forward and release the arms with an exhalation, or keep them extended upward for more challenge. Take a few breaths, then turn the feet to the left and repeat for the same length. When you're finished return to Tadasana.
Poetry

Horizon’s Place And Time Meet by Cara E. Moore Chapbook
Poem from this collection http://www.gaias-garden.co.uk/library/ACheerfulCanvas.html


By Simran Khurana, About.com Guide

Poem lyrics of De Profundis by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

I


The face, which, duly as the sun,
Rose up for me with life begun,
To mark all bright hours of the day
With hourly love, is dimmed away-
And yet my days go on, go on.

II

The tongue which, like a stream, could run
Smooth music from the roughest stone,
And every morning with 'Good day'
Make each day good, is hushed away,
And yet my days go on, go on.


III

The heart which, like a staff, was one
For mine to lean and rest upon,
The strongest on the longest day
With steadfast love, is caught away,
And yet my days go on, go on.

IV

And cold before my summer's done,
And deaf in Nature's general tune,
And fallen too low for special fear,
And here, with hope no longer here,
While the tears drop, my days go on.


V

The world goes whispering to its own,
'This anguish pierces to the bone;'
And tender friends go sighing round,
'What love can ever cure this wound ?'
My days go on, my days go on.

VI

The past rolls forward on the sun
And makes all night. O dreams begun,
Not to be ended! Ended bliss,
And life that will not end in this!
My days go on, my days go on.

VII

Breath freezes on my lips to moan:
As one alone, once not alone,
I sit and knock at Nature's door,
Heart-bare, heart-hungry, very poor,
Whose desolated days go on.

VIII

I knock and cry, - Undone, undone!
Is there no help, no comfort, - none?
No gleaning in the wide wheat plains
Where others drive their loaded wains?
My vacant days go on, go on.

IX

This Nature, though the snows be down,
Thinks kindly of the bird of June:
The little red hip on the tree
Is ripe for such. What is for me,
Whose days so winterly go on?

X

No bird am I, to sing in June,
And dare not ask an equal boon.
Good nests and berries red are Nature's
To give away to better creatures, -
And yet my days go on, go on.

XI

I ask less kindness to be done, -
Only to loose these pilgrim shoon,
(Too early worn and grimed) with sweet
Cool deadly touch to these tired feet.
Till days go out which now go on.

XII

Only to lift the turf unmown
From off the earth where it has grown,
Some cubit-space, and say 'Behold,
Creep in, poor Heart, beneath that fold,
Forgetting how the days go on.'

Music



Vocal Training



Avril Lavigne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW2LTnzD-vE&feature=related

Artist : Avril Lavigne
Title : I'm With You
Album : Let Go
Genre : Pop

I'm standing on the bridge
I'm waiting in the dark
I thought that you'd be here by now
there's nothing but the rain
No footsteps on the ground
I'm listening but there's no sound

Isn't anyone trying to find me
Won't somebody come take me home

It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are but I
I'm with you
I’m with you.

I'm looking for a place
I'm searching for a face
Is anybody here I know
Cause nothing is going right
And everything is a mess
And noone likes to be alone

Isn't anyone trying to find me
Won't somebody come take me home

It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are but I
I'm with you
I'm with you

Oh why is everything so confusing
Maybe I'm just out of my mind

Ye-ah, Ye-ah, Ye-ah, Ye-ah, Yeah ....

It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are but I
I'm with you
I'm with you

Take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are but I
I'm with you
I'm with you

Take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don’t know who you are but I
I’m with You
I’m with you
I’m with you.







No comments:

Post a Comment